Resources for Moving Home
Moving home is a big decision and there can be quite a lot to think about so we have created some tools which we hope will help to make things easier.
Want some support form us?
Your road map for moving home
in City of Edinburgh Council
Our Life Book Tool
Stories from people who have moved
Over the last few years, we have worked with many people who would like to move home. Some people are looking to make the move from the family home to living on their own or with other people. Some people are not happy where they are and would like to move elsewhere. Using what they have told us, we put together an idea for a project to support people who want to move home. It’s called Home Sweet Home.
We’re very happy to announce that we have received funding from Awards for All to try out this project. We will produce some accessible information about what you need to do if you want to move home. It will cover what different options there are and how to access them. As part of the project we will also be finding out what kind of support people need to make the transition involved in moving home and how we can best give it.
As part of the pilot we will provide accessible information and interactive learning on:
• different stages of the journey of making the move from home: we will produce an accessible model explaining each step in the process for moving from deciding to move to getting necessary social work assessments and applying for different options
• considering whether you want to live alone or with other people
• different models of living
• experiences of people who have already moved home
• dealing with emotional side of moving home including anxieties and difficulties talking about it with others/family members and addressing risk, keeping safe
• options for building peer support in the group for making the transition and community connections. We will evaluate the project and use this to inform the development of a longer-term project. We will promote the pilot in our networks.
We will kick off the project with a world café event in November – date tbc. If you would like to know more about this, please get in touch with Gillian: email@example.com or call 07595 757078