The ‘Caring for the Carer Fund’ has been launched by the Life Changes Trust in recognition of the immense pressure that the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, and associated restrictive measures, have placed on the unpaid carers of people living with dementia. It is aimed at supporting the wellbeing of unpaid carers during this time and focuses on the following:
· Coping with social distancing and isolation
· Improving/maintaining mental health
· Improving/maintaining physical wellbeing and health
You are eligible to apply for this funding if you live in Scotland and care for someone living with dementia for more than four hours a week, and are not paid for doing so.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 22 January 2021.Here are some examples of what you could apply for:
· purchase or replacement of an item that helps you in the home
· technology to aid communication
· gym/exercise equipment
· hobby materials to pursue a pastime such as art or music
· subscriptions to a TV streaming service, website or magazine
· a short break
· something that helps you make better use of your garden or other outside space
The maximum grant you can apply for is £1,000.
You can download the guidance for applying and the application form here.
Please read the guidance thoroughly before applying and more information can be found on the Life Changes Trust website below: